Monday, December 12, 2011

Bad News - PLEASE Now need advice urgently!

Help! We were due to go to Cape Panwa next Saturday but have now been informed by our travel agent there are no rooms available - even though everything is paid!! They have now offered us Indigo Pearl - we were looking for a beautiful beach and view, close to a few restaurants and close enough to do a LITTLE shopping. Can anyone advise PLEASE!!

Bad News - PLEASE Now need advice urgently!

What about locating yourselves in Kata?

Bad News - PLEASE Now need advice urgently!

oh no your worst nightmare!

I haven%26#39;t been to the Indigo before. As I understandit it%26#39;s a beautiful resort, a little tin mine look, rather than a thai look. Correct me though if I%26#39;m wrong, but I think the beach is terrible there!.

Tried Nai Harn beach area? if you want something abit quieter


Indigo Pearl looks great. Nai Yang beach is nice. There are many restaurants right on the beach and a couple more upmarket ones on the beach road. There are only a few shops so any reasonable attempt at shopping requires a half hour drive as Nai Yang is quite a distance from the tourist areas, hire a driver for the day, it%26#39;ll be better.

I think some rooms have ocean views but most of the resort opens up within itself. Last year I felt the gardens were a bit young, it might take a couple of years for growth to establish, this means some areas are a bit out in the open and a little hot. The pools are really nice, several to choose from, and the hotel looks really luxurious. There is a modern %26#39;Cafe Del Mar%26#39; chic to it.

IP doesn%26#39;t connect to the beach but it%26#39;s just a little stroll to it. this area is mostly a tidal flat, very nice for sitting and relaxing by but not the best for swimming. Don%26#39;t worry, there is better only a few minutes walk away up the beach, I wouldn%26#39;t consider this a problem at all.

I love this hotel (despite only having walked through it) and Nai Yang, I wouldn%26#39;t hesitate to stay here. The only issues you might have are limited shopping and more than likely no sea views from your room. Push your agent hard to upgrade as much as possible to get a large room with a view.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it if you decide to go.


Thanks all for your replies. I must admit we do like a beautiful beach and view! Anyone suggest a hotel - we%26#39;re running out of time!


Perhaps the Marina Phuket? It gets great reviews here and is right on Karon Beach. The Jungle View Rooms look wondeful or tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293920-d455972鈥?/a>


Look up Friendship Beach Resort,Starr is the owner and I%26#39;m sure he%26#39;ll do his best to help you.


http://www.marinaphuket.com/ - looks terrific and what you%26#39;re after!


Elaine,

I%26#39;m traveling to Merlin Beach Resort next Wednesday and I know they have rooms available. I%26#39;ve stayed there before and would recomend.

Good Luck

Cathy


Hi Elaine,

I would totally recommend the Marina. We stayed there last year in a Jungle room, which was great.

We are heading back to the Marina in 3 weeks, this time opting for an Ocean room only so we can see the beach and sunset for the 6 nights we are in Phuket.

Pool, beach access, restaurants in and around the hotel are all great and there is a good choice for the ';little shopping';.

Good luck, I hope you get yourself sorted.

Carinna


ohhhhhhh yay we are staying at the marina as well in a jungle room in June.

  • reptiles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment