Monday, December 12, 2011

Pronunciation of Phuket

Out of curiosity how do you pronounce Phuket. I thouhgt it is just poo-ket but according to Wikitravel its%26#39;s Poo-Get. Any thoughts?



Ps Flying out of Oz on the 14th June for 18 days. 10 @ Patong Merlin and 8 @ Diamond CLiff with 2 days inbetween in Bangkok to see Tiger Temple etc. Woo Hoo!!!!!!





Bec



Pronunciation of Phuket


Hi Bec, in Thailand they tend to pronounce letters differently to us. For example, ';P'; tends to be pronounced like ';PB';, ';K'; tends to be ';KG';. They seem to blend the two letters. I have heard Thai people call Phuket ';BU-GET';, with the U part pronounced very short.





Generally though, it%26#39;s pronounced Poo-ket.



Pronunciation of Phuket


Well....that%26#39;s a relief.





I thought someone was going to ask if the %26#39;Ph%26#39; should be pronounced %26#39;F%26#39;, as in ';Phantom';.





Personally, I think it should be. My address would be a lot more fun.





Bye,



Mark




Haha, that%26#39;s exactly what I was expecting.





Won%26#39;t go into details after your reply, Mark.




Touche - I%26#39;m not touchin%26#39; this one!



Cheers



Tiff xxx




The number of people enquiring about trips to Fee Fee is astonishing BTW.


  • acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment