Monday, December 12, 2011

Sorry that my post re the Europeans was removed by the FA

Earlier this morning I posted something which I called ';Is Phuket still swarming with Europeans'; and before I had a chance to read most of the replies, it was obviously removed by the Forum Administrator in response - perhaps - by someone who wrote that he or she thought it was racist.





If I upset anyone, I am very sorry, but racism was not in my mind at all when I wrote the post, I was actually thinking more about the sunbeds by the hotel pools, seeing as there was another post regarding the problems with a lot of Europeans reserving the beds, and also the fact that a lot of European-type restaurants might still be open, and not closed after the main ';European'; season is over.





Without the Europeans in Phuket, from reading this forum - and others - it seems that Aussies then ';rule the roost'; in Phuket. I don%26#39;t know, I haven%26#39;t been there yet, but will be in 3 more weeks, so will be able to see for myself.





I am not racist at all, and could hardly be so with a husband from another Asian country, and being of European origin myself. We only get one chance to live on this earth, and I for one do my best to treat everyone the same.





To the person who described my post as racist, I suggest you also write something to the people who complain about the INDIAN tailors. I didn%26#39;t specify a particular nationality, European is just a broad term for people who come from any of the countries which make up Europe. Same as Aussies come from Australia.



Sorry that my post re the Europeans was removed by the FA


Perhaps you should have elaborated in your post and it wouldn%26#39;t have been misunderstood!





Personally I love meeting lots of Aussies when I go to Phuket!





Great people to party with!





Joe



Sorry that my post re the Europeans was removed by the FA


Ah, Joe from Ireland, you are right, perhaps I should have done. Before the others were too quick to jump in and criticise...........not much difference to me being thrown in the river to see if I would sink (not guilty) or float (guilty).




I take huge offence that you are, for some reason, keen to avoid ';Europeans';. I am English and have never, in my life, reserved a sunbed at dawn. You should be careful at making such sweeping generalisations!




I suggest you read the forum post called Pool Lounge Ettiquette.....................then eat your words.




jolondon





there were comments about a range of nationalities in relation to sunbed hogging - including Australians. It does happen and people do get tired of it. Every country has its boorish component when it comes to travel.





And I don%26#39;t think PoliPerth%26#39;s post re Europeans in Phuket was rascist at all.....maybe you should have a shot at my earlier post re a news article about British travellers.





Everyone can express opinions and we can agree/ disagree without rudeness.




I am British and have been to Thailand 3 times visiting Bangkok,Chaing Mai and Phuket twice on holiday we love that country and their friendly people and very interesting sights and will certainly go back agin. We have never had any bother with sunbed hogging at all and have met many Australians we made friends with the only place we have had sunbed hogging is in Spain and that was by the Germans who put towels on the beds the night before so that no-one could get the bed. We are going on a Cruise this year and we have heard that sunbed hogging is terrible on Cruises so we are just going to go when ever we are ready and if no-one is sitting on the sunbed apart from a towel we will just take it off and use the bed anyway as it is grossly unfair on others to take a sunbed without even using it for a matter of hours




....I never woke up early enogh to hog a sunbed!




Making a point that the term Indian taylors should not be used is a rather daft statement as all the taylors are Indian and when people complain about their intrusive and annoying behaviour is it not important to let people know, who have not been to Thailand that it is not the behaviour of the locals that is so unpleasant but that of others. If I said I hated the taylors in Thailand they are so impolite would it not be a slur on the Thai%26#39;s to anyone who has not suffered at the hands of the Indian taylors. If I got mugged in Australia by an Enlishman on a six month work permit would it be right for me to say that I was mugged in Australia without pointing out it was not an Australian that had done it.




Poliperth





I think the problem started when you used the term %26#39;swarming with Europeans%26#39;. Perhaps if you%26#39;d phrased it differently it wouldn%26#39;t have sounded so bad.





But it%26#39;s good that you care enough to explain yourself.





As regards the %26#39;reservation%26#39; of sunbeds.....I think that%26#39;s an international problem!!!!! Not just caused bt Europeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!




hi poliperth



when i read your post about the europeans i must admit i thought it was a bit nasty , but now you have appologised i think you are very brave , well done .you didnt have to appologise but you done the desent thing and this makes you a desent person .



have a great holiday and watch out for us pomms LOL





gazza from uk

No comments:

Post a Comment