Monday, December 12, 2011

Which river cruise and what time nite market close

HI guys



I am the newest member at the moment



I am going to bangkok in two months and very excited



I have a few question for those who already been there



which river cruise is better for my wedding aniversary dinner?



Also will stay on Holiday Inn in silom. Is this a good hotel? and what%26#39;s around it?



the mahnora? or the Loy Nava cruise? I am looking for Thai cuisine and is there any other better cruise than this two?



another question, I really want to go to the weekend market, unfortunately my flight arrive at 8p.m



Do you think I can still make it to the market? what time do they normally close?



thank you and please help



Which river cruise and what time nite market close


The Holiday inn Silom is a decent 4 star hotel. Location is Ok (on a junction), but you%26#39;d need a short taxi ride to get to either a riverboat pier or the skytrain.



River cruise - both you mention are good. Personally I%26#39;ve been on the Loy Nave one many times and rate it very highly. Manorha is also good. Other cruises use %26#39;ordinary%26#39; boats and have less character, and are less personal.



Arriving at 8pm, you%26#39;ll need at least 30-40 minutes to clear immigration etc and maybe an hour to get to the hotel (from immigration, walking to the taxi rank etc). Then weekend market (open Saturday-Sunday) is another 20-25 minutes by skytrain from Silom, so it would be too late. The night market in Silom closes around midnight - 1am.



Which river cruise and what time nite market close


thank you so much for the info. If I can%26#39;t got to the market that night. can you suggest anything I can do for that night? I really don%26#39;t want to waste my time in the hotel since I only have 4 days.



I am a bit worry with the location of my hotel. I didn%26#39;t do much research when I book it and I thought it was really close to the skytrain.



Is there anything like mall or department store near my hotel? any nice restaurant around this holiday Inn?



If I need to take a taxi to the sky train, how much would that cost me approximately?



thank you so much once again and I thikn I will go ahead with loy Nova. Is it cheaper to book them online through their website?




Beadsy, read the reviews for the Holiday Inn Silom. Most reviews state that the skytrain is a 5 minute walk.They also provide other info

No comments:

Post a Comment