Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jewerly Melt Down

Hi All - Must confess to being totally addicted to this forum. Love it!!!

Now I was thinking of taking all my old jewelry from the ex over to Phuket and seeing if I can get it melted down and made into something I can use instead of it sitting in an old box never to be seen. I%26#39;ve just got some rings - good quality. Any advise?? Worried about them swapping the gems or not getting back my own stuff. Who can I trust? (obviously not the ex... Ha!)

Thanks

Bec

Jewerly Melt Down

Hi Bec,

I am thinking about taking a huge solid gold bangle with me next trip and having it melted down and made into 2 or 3 bangles. It weighs just over 90grams and is far to heavy to wear.

I asked the Gems Gallery last trip about having the bangle melted down but did not get a price. I just need to pluck up the courage to take it with me as knowing my luck I will get mugged or something and someone will be many thousands of dollars richer.

So I am also interested in your replies.

Cathy

Jewerly Melt Down

Hi Bec and Cathy,

My wife took some old gold jewelry over last trip and we went to P%26amp;C Jewelers and she had a gold nugget made and put onto a necklace she also had a ring remodelled and she was very happy with the end results and price.

The jewelers shop is on the corner of Soi Holiday Inn and the Beach Road in Patong.

The owner is Chai or Charlie.

Cheers,

Stewie.


hey there Bec

I%26#39;m going to take my old bits of gold and have a bangle made in april. I%26#39;m going to see charlie at P%26amp;C as i have brought things off me before. I will let you know the cost and how we got on when we return .

Teresa =)


Thanks for your help. So you don%26#39;t think there will be any problem with the diamonds not coming back? And what about the Gems Gallery? (Largest Gem Shop in the World) Do you think it would be safe there?

Bec


Hi Bec,

Try P%26amp;C first and see what you think he will give you a price, we have been there on both of our trips and my wife has been satisfied every time.

Cheers,

Stewie.


My sister had a ring melted down and made into a pendant at P%26amp;C Jewellers last year. They did a fantastic job and she is really pleased with it. She took a photo of what she wanted.

  • myspace icons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment