Monday, December 12, 2011

Do i need a letter from GB for prescibed medication?

Recently seen my GB to organize for some shots. Currently am on prescribed medication panadeine forte and the pill. Asked if i needed a letter, he said the scripts should be enough. Though am not certain, i just want to be sure before i go to airport and don%26#39;t want discover i can%26#39;t bring my medication. I may also be bringing sleeping tablets %26amp; anti-nausea medication.





Do i need a letter from GB for prescibed medication?


Hi, Good question. I have never bothered myself about having letter etc. I was asked once at customs to show my beauty case and each prescription had my details so no problems. Some people also say if it is a script medication not in the box with your name bring your repeats to show, others protect themselves with a letter from their GP. The pill is a world wide medication (although education should be better for some countries) so again no problems.





Most of the headache/pain relievers can be bought straight from a pharmacist in Thailand so again if it cleary marked with your details I dont see any problems.





Have fun and just remember there are millions that travel and we only hear the one to two bad stories.





Have fun



Do i need a letter from GB for prescibed medication?


Hi dilligaft, thanks for your input. I was mainly concerned for the pain killers, as they do cause minor side effects like low blood pressure %26amp; drowsiness and was concerned that it might be important to have letter from doctor for that type of medication. Though i guess if my doctor says there%26#39;s no need then ill guess it should be fine.




Panadiene Forte containes codiene so you are required to complete a Medicare Australia%26#39;s Medicine Export Declaration to satisfy Customs that the medicine is for your personal use - the form can be downloaded via the medicare link below.





medicareaustralia.gov.au/public/migrants/tra鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment