Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bangkok Hotel Choice?

I posted earlier and got great feedback, but I had limited my Bangkok hotel options in my previous postiing to the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and the Conrad. I got mixed feedback. Is the Conrad really that far from the Skytrain?





I%26#39;m looking for something relaxing, stylish, great service, $300 or less per night (pref. less), with good access to Sky Train. Oriental and Peninsula are a little too expensive. I%26#39;m Starwood Gold and Hilton Honors Gold, thats why I focused on Sheraton and Conrad, but I%26#39;m open to any suggestions. Sofitel Silom, new Le Meridien in Silom, LeBua State Tower, Intercontinental, Royal Meridien Plaza Athenee?





Any Advice is appreciated. Thank you again to everyone who responded to my previous post.





RockyMountain



Bangkok Hotel Choice?


Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit and Intercontinental are next to the skytrain.



Bangkok Hotel Choice?


What about the Pathumwan Princess? I%26#39;ve heard that it%26#39;s quite nice and it%26#39;s on top of the MBK shopping centre which is attached to the National Stadium Skytrain station. I think their rates is around THB4,100 or so. Would love to stay there but it%26#39;s over our (or should I say, my husband%26#39;s) tight budget.





Their website is www.pprincess.com if you want to have a look.





I%26#39;ve stayed at the Asia Hotel which is also attached to a Skytrain station last year but it%26#39;s not so fancy but the service was pretty good.





We%26#39;re going to Bangkok again in June and this time we%26#39;re staying at the Adelphi Suites which is also close to a Skytrain station (Nana). It%26#39;s got good reviews and we%26#39;re forward to staying there.





Hope this helps :o)




Hi,





Am actually staying at the Adelphi Suites at the moment. Spotless hotel, steps from Nana Station, great internet service, good breakfast. Very new hotel, rooms are spacious, 2 tv%26#39;s per room, good views, washer/dryer, small pool on 16th floor and brand new gym with view of city. Staff are kind and helpful.





The only potential negatives.... make sure they show you how the elevators work. Your key will only take you to your floor. We had 2 rooms on different floors, what a nightmare. If you have spectial requests i.e. non smoking, rooms near each other etc, they may not meet these requests.





Otherwise, would recommend this hotel. Good luck.




after a long day out the conrad is a bit of a walk from the skytrain.



the grandhyatt and four seasons are fabulously located and you can sign up for hyatt points.



the landmark also is next to the Skytrain and may not be 5 star ,however extremely pleasant




Another backing for Landmark :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment