Friday, April 2, 2010

Golfing

Hi All





I am meeting my parents in Thailand for a 2 week holiday. We are visiting Bangkok, Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi. I know my Dad will want to do some golfing if possible. I thought the best place would probably be Phuket?? Can anyone recommend a nice golf course? Also, will he need to bring golf shoes with him? I thought he could either hire them or possibly buy a new pair in Thailand? Can you buy golf shoes cheaply in Thailand?





If anyone can I help I would be very greatful.





Many Thanks



Jacqui



Golfing


We golfed in Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Khon Kaen, Korat and Saraburi and I never noticed golf shoes for rent. WE also looked for shoes to buy, but we didn%26#39;t find them a whole not cheaper than at home. Plus, you don%26#39;t know if they are knock-offs or not. We actually took golf sandals with us and it was a lot nicer than wearing shoes. (We also took all our own clubs and bags)





If he doesn%26#39;t want to bring his own, then probably just a good pair of snadals would be fine for a game.



Golfing


Just some decent sport shoes will do the job - not to worry.





A good review of the golf courses on Phuket and some good photos too are at:





phuketdelight.com/Phuket_Golf_Courses_Clubs.鈥?/a>




Hi Jacqui,





There are some really top class courses in Thailand. There are several in Phuket but they are not cheap.



I go through www.phuketgolfcourse.com who arrange everything from Tee off times, caddies, transfers etc etc. They will take bookings without credit cards and only require your accommodation details and your arrival time. They will send you an itineary, with costs and you pay them on the day before you play.





As for shoes and equipment. You can hire at the golf courses but I would recommend that you bring your own gear, especially golf shoes. I would hate to walk 18 holes in shoes that did not fit well. Note: some courses insist on cart use whilst other prefer you walk.





Golf in thailand is usually hot and humid and sometimes very wet but the scenery is awesome. Caddies are mandatory and generally do a very good job.





The top courses in Phuket (Which I have played):





1. Laguna golf courses



2. Mission Hills golf course



3. Blue canyon (only played lakes course)



4. Phuket country club.







I have noy played the following courses but intend to ASAP:





1. Loche palm Golf courses



2. Red Mountain Golf course



3. Blue canyon - Canyon course





The package deals for a round of golf, transfers and caddie fees range from about 2500 - 7500 Baht. Mission hills and Blue canyon were the most expensive when I played but I really enjoyed it.





If you require further info, please let me know and I will help where I can.





Cheers





Niko




Wow that is expensive, I gather not one local would be playing on any of those courses, $230 for a roundeven if it includes transfers and a caddy is expensive, I didn%26#39;t remember it being that expensive 2 years ago, but I guess if we are prepared to pay it.




B7500 seems way too expensive - perhaps it might be better to try other golf consolidators/tour operators? Even half that price is not a bargain here.

No comments:

Post a Comment