Friday, April 2, 2010

Songkram any special events happening?

I am in Pattaya from 10th to 15th April and just wondering as I want to make sure I don%26#39;t miss any good events.



Songkram any special events happening?


Pattaya celebrates Songkran a week later than most other places, and Songkran IS the event!



A few people will throw water about during 13-15 April in Pattaya, but the main event there starts 19th.



Songkram any special events happening?


Sorry as the last post said Songkran in Pattaya is held on the 18th in Naklua and in Central Pattaya on the 19th, this year they are closing Beach rd to traffic to encourage tourists to gather along there on the day, my best advice to you is to get a bus from the North rd bus station to Bangkok early morning on the 13th and then make your way to Khao san rd and join in with the other tourists and locals celebrating during the day, there are plenty of events being held in Bangkok 13-15th here%26#39;s a website listing some





bangkok.com/information-festivals/songkran.h鈥?/a>




My best advice would be to make sure you are nowhere near pattaya songkran - unless you enjoy yobs throwing buckets of water at you. Literally every person I know who lives in Pattaya is leaving town to miss songkran - including me as I time my annual visit to england so as to be well away.

No comments:

Post a Comment