Sunday, April 4, 2010

Power Points- recharging purposes

I was just wondering what the go is with power point at the hotels.I%26#39;ll need to recharge the batteries on the cameras.



I was told the plug in Aust. are different. What should i do??



Please help I love taking pictures...



Power Points- recharging purposes


Hi, You can buy an adapter at any Dick Smith store for about $10 AU, they are also available at the duty free shop at the airport. Alternatively you can borrow one from housekeeping at your hotel. A tip I got from the forum was to take a small powerboard so you can charge all your items, phone, camera at once.



Sue



Power Points- recharging purposes


Hi shereeski,



Buy yourself an adaptor, you can buy in Phuket or buy before you leave, Bag shops (Strandbags etc) sell them, Dick Smiths, Myers, el cheapo shops etc, they are about $10 here.





There is a photo of the adaptor we use on the link below. If you have more than one thing to charge eg, phones, etc take a small Aussie power board with you as well, then you only need the one adaptor.



cathyandgarystravelpages.com/what_to_pack.htm





Cathy




Snap Sue haha




Got to be quick hey Cathy, it was probably your site I got the powerboard tip from hahaha.



See your going back again soon, we are really starting to miss the place, longest we have been away from Phuket. With a bit of luck next year is the go, but christmas would be nice.......... Sue




I would borrow one from the hotel til I could get out and buy an extra one for 30 baht ($1) in Phuket or get a cheap universal board (about $3 or $4) there. Much better than paying $10.





I have bought them at 711 stores or small supermarkets.




Hi, if there is a kathmandu store near you, they are having a sale at the moment %26amp; the adaptors are half price. I paid $5 for the one i got. Hope that helps :)




Hi





All of the aussie power boards we have seen have the 3 pin plug and the adapter we have only accepts a 2 pin plug.





Whats the go?





Mitch




Mitch,





The third pin in Aust is the earth wire. In Phuket they do not have the earth wire. Therefore if your appliance is not double insulated ie. has a plug with a third pin then if there is no third pin in the power point and there is a short circuit in the unit, stray electricity can not go down the earth wire path which means that it may go through you instead.





I am no sparky so I hope one who reads this, may clarify better.





Cheers





Niko




Hi





What I want to do is take a power board from home to recharge my camera, laptop etc. I need an adapter with 2 pins to go into the wall and it needs 3 holes the other side to plug in my power board. Is this possible?





Mitch




Our phone chargers and camera chargers only have the 2 pin plugs, we have never had any dramas using a 2 pin plug in a 3 point on the powerboard, but mostly just use the adaptor for the mobile. We only charge things while we are in the room, we disconnect everything b4 we go out again. Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment