Friday, April 2, 2010

Fishing around Phuket

Hi Everyone,



I am wondering if any has done any rock hopping (fishing) around any of the rocky bays. Or if you know of any locals who have. I saw some nice areas to flick some lures and was just wondering what I may or may not catch.



Any advice would be great as I am thinking my fishing rod along this time.





Cheers



Dwayne



Fishing around Phuket


Anyone at all????



Fishing around Phuket


I hate to see your message unanswered, but I can only speak for boat fishing, not rock fishing. Not many tourists go fishing in Phuket without using someone else%26#39;s gear.





I have seen locals fishing from the Chalong pier, if that%26#39;s any help.





By the way, you%26#39;d be surprised at the size of fish you can catch with the 300 baht fishing rods from Big C. I have caught some large dinner plate sized fish in the canals with one of those small rods. Maybe it%26#39;s easier than bringing your rod with you? I can%26#39;t account for ocean currents with one of those, though.




Thanks for your response, what canals are you talking about? And what kind of fish do you catch in the canal? And can you eat them. As for my rod, it is a telescopic one so fits in suitcase just fine.



Any other replies would be great.





Cheers



Dwayne




Oh, I was fishing in the canal at the back of our apartment at Boat Lagoon. You wouldn%26#39;t eat anything you caught in there, though. I just put them all back.





We also used to take our dinghy out to the islands just out of Boat Lagoon - Ko Rang Yai and Noi and get some whiting, some grouper and have seen schools of tuna whizzing by, jumping out of the water, but they%26#39;re the small bonito type. Perhaps you could get a long tail boat and go to an island for a day to do some fishing, my suggestion would be to get one from Chalong Pier maybe.





Hopefully someone else can give you some input.





There are some canals such as Khlong Muddong and Bangrong Pier, but not sure whether local fishermen would take exception to people fishing there.




I guess not many people go to fish !!!!! Bugga !!!!!




No, the majority of people go shopping for cheap quality clothes and dvd%26#39;s, apart from a couple of day trips and some tanning by the pool or beach.




Dwayne, another place you could try is Bang Wad reservoir its in the Kathu area near the Phuket Country Club Gold Course.





We went there with Daj to take photos of his car and its a lovely spot, lots of locals fishing there as well.



Cathy










I agree, beautiful spot, and if you%26#39;re there in the mid-late afternoon, you%26#39;ll get some beautiful bbq%26#39;d pork skewers. Man, I love those things!




Hi Dwayne,





You also can take a long tail boat to fishing on some Floating Fishery Farms near Kru Suwit Floating Restaurant that metioned by many TA Member. It%26#39;s take about only 5 munites from Leam Pier. There are 4 Floating Restaurants around there, I saw some people was fishing on Floating Restaurant too.





Agree with Athena, get a boat from Chalong Pier then try the locals fishing points.





Hope that help,





Woody




Sorry! I would say Leam Hin Pier.(Instead of Leam Pier)


  • makeup techniques
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment