Sunday, April 4, 2010

International roaming

Hi





We are off to Phuket next month and have a mobile phone for business use and cannot change the number.





Are there any other options beside international roaming?





Thanks Mitch



International roaming


Buy a cheap handphone with a local sim card. Under 2000 baht.



International roaming


Hi





Can we still keep our business number?





Thanks




No, what you%26#39;d have to do is receive the message on your regular number, then call people back on your local phone/sim card to avoid paying for both when people call you and when you call them.





Mind you, if it%26#39;s a business phone, you can claim your expenses and it would be easier to just work off your regular phone for one month, unless of course, you receive dozens of calls per day. Remember that you%26#39;re most likely already paying $200 or so for the month on your phone plan whether you use it or not, so take that off the costs for starters.




hi mitch



International roaming dosent cost much more . I do it every year we go i havent really noticed much difference in my bill than what it would be if i was at home. It is so much easily you dont have to worry just turn your phone on when you get there and it works straight away.









Cheers Teresa=)




Hi





Thanks for that, I think we will just get the international roaming, sounds like the easiest option, if it costs a few extra dollars it will be worth it. We are taking a laptop as well so the non-urgent stuff we can email.





Thanks again





Mitch




hi mitch





we always take our 2 business phones with us and have never had a really high phone bill when we get home we always msg our kids a few times a day and my hubby has received calls and they werent that much but he does tell those that ring him he will call them back when he gets home





one thing we do do before we leave is turn off voice mail as this cost you as well if someone leaves a msg but if someone rings and you dont want to answer the call you can then reject it without it going to voice mail





sharon




i have a prepeid phone, no lock or international roaming...........so is it correct that i can just buy a sim card in phuket , then get cheap calls???????????




I will be taking my mobile phone with me this time so I can keep in touch with home...How do you tell if your phone is unlocked. I would like to buy a happy sim card from Big C this time..I have heard this is the cheapest way to phone aust. My bills have always been hughe as I have used the phone in our room and gone through the operator.. Can anyone let me know how to check if my phone is unlocked before I leave aus. I own my phone. Thanks everyone.




Hi Can%26#39;twait,





Just grab a mates sim card, stick it in your phone and then try to make a phone call. If it makes the call, then your phone is unlocked.





cheers





Niko




Hi Niko,



Thanks for the mobile advise, I will give that a go!.







Cheers,





cantwaitsydney

No comments:

Post a Comment