Friday, March 26, 2010

Early morning arrival

I arrive to Bangkok at 1 am. and I%26#39;m wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting into a hotel or hostel in the wee hours of the morning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



Early morning arrival


You could probably go to any hotel at that time,but because check in is normally 2pm, you would have to book starting from the day before.



Early morning arrival


No problems booking in at 2:30 in the morning.





One apartment I used to stay at had a night watchman who would do the check in.





Most hotels have 24/7 reception.





At that time of day as was said you will have to pay the extra day or maybe if you ask you may be able to get away with 1/2 day if the hotel does such things.





Enjoy your trip.




Checking in is easy, but I do advise having a room reserved, because wandering around door to door at 3 am trying to find a room isn%26#39;t so much fun.





If there is no one behind the counter when you arrive at your hotel, check the couches in the lobby or behind the desk, they may well be napping somewhere.




Hi;



I arrived to Bangkok 2am on fly to BKK in May, 2007. Check in the Majestic suites was a No problem



as the hotel front desk 24/7 open for Biz.



However, I had to booked an extra night for late arrival . The other experience was a much more tired



in the wee hour for getting through the airport custom. The second trip was November 2007 I arrived



in the afternoon 3pm. and thing was much better at the Majestic suites , more relax and ready to hit the fun zone . I shall be visiting Bangkok in May, 2008 and you can be sure I like to check in this



amazing city in the daylight.



Enjoy,




Thank you, everyone. Does anyone have a recommendation for a clean, inexpensive hostel or guest house? I%26#39;ve been looking along Khao San road, and think I%26#39;d like to stick to that general area.

No comments:

Post a Comment