Sunday, March 28, 2010

sizing in bangkok/thailand

hey,



im getting a little worried now. ive heard so many people say they had trouble finding clothes in thailand...





Im a size 10 aus, but id say a Full size 10, jeans i might have to go a 11, or even a 12.. tops im find, just a 10 depending what it is, some stuff i dont like too tight on me..





Do they make these sizing there? am i going to have problems when i go there??





thanks



sizing in bangkok/thailand


It really depends. I am the same size and didn%26#39;t come home with too much.. you will need to find the L or XL in womens stuff, but the sizing is very random. The only thing I had no problems with were the strapless stretchy sundresses that are everywhere.. one size fits all!





I was even told by one lady in Ko Phangan that I wasnt allowed to try on her sundresses with the elasticised tops because I was too fat and might stretch it for other customers!! Needless to say she lost a sale!!





Shopping for clothes isnt the best thing about Thailand!



sizing in bangkok/thailand


Bear in mind that clothes in Thailand are made to fit the generally petite frame of Thais, so bigger sizes are not easy to find.




Try on whatever you buy.





I%26#39;m not a HUGE guy, but I am 186cm (6%26#39;1';) and about 86kgs (189lbs).





I bought some XXXL underwear once that was STILL too small! I never though of myself as super fat - but so it was by Thai standards.





Yes, you may have problems finding a good fit - but IF you go to a good quality department store like Central - the problems tend to disappear.




I%26#39;m a size 8 and I wear an XL in the King shirts that I buy from Bangkok.




HI



I am a small size 10 and didnt find much at all. If you have a round bum forget it. All the shorts I bought gaped at the waiste and were tight on the legs. I found in most things I was a large or extra large. Most stall holders can seem to tell straight away what size you will fit so if in doubt just ask.





The range in Bangkok was a little better with some different stuff to the fake billabong and ripcurl tees in patong.




You have to try before you buy. I%26#39;m a size 6 (AUS) and my clothes from Thailand are varied in size from S, M, and LARGE. mmmm I%26#39;m not that fat, am I??




Yes, I find the same problem, May. Tight on the legs, loose on the waist.





Have you seen those bum implants they sell in Thailand? They have knickers with silicone cheeks in them, so funny!




haha it looks like ill be looking in the XL sections.. damn:( i bet im going to be heaps dissapointed when i get there:(




I don%26#39;t wear t-shirts, so find very little to buy in Phuket, in fact, I buy pretty much all my clothes in Australia to take over there (and leave there). The same with shoes. I don%26#39;t like the shoes there, they are usually vinyl and often too wide in the foot. If they%26#39;re not too wide to start with, they stretch very quickly, as the vinyl is soft. The dressy shoes are either way too blingy for me or too small.





I get more choice and better quality in Australia.




I am a size 10 up top and last trip was told I was tooooo big!!! After the initial shock I had a good laugh.....don%26#39;t hear that too often. (unless she was referring to my bum?)


  • sunscreen skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment