Sunday, March 28, 2010

credit card fraud

thanks to all the people on this site for their excelent advice i have been reading posts for weeks now



here goes we are arriving in phuket april 30th trying to book hotel opted for kata palm resort



contacted the hotel directly asked for same rates as



atsiam.com they agreed



i also done this for second part of our trip in bangkok in the grand president



both required credit card for reservation



sent credit card number and exp date to both (not the three digit security code) the GP reserved rooms



kata palm sent back email with a word document looking for my signature /cvv/scan of front and back of card would this be the norm for this hotel anybody got any ideas need some help



credit card fraud


Well it has been done before, but is it something you%26#39;re comfortable doing?





If not, find another way, even if that way is informing the hotel that you%26#39;re afraid of CC fraud, and you won%26#39;t send a scan, ask for an alternative.



credit card fraud


This is one of the main reasons why I use a travel agent. I don%26#39;t like to use my credit card online or send my CC info to someone I don%26#39;t know.





Whether it costs more or not, I prefer to pay someone I know in Australia and then travel with vouchers which can be easily copied and useless to anybody else.





If I must buy or book things through Ebay or as I have done for my golf bookings in Pattaya, pay a local company before I get there, then I use Paypal which has not let me down yet. Only they have my CC details which they do not give to anybody else.





Anyway, Good luck..





Niko




thanks for the advice it seems the rooms are only on request from other sites agoda and sawadee / atsaim ect



can you advise me on booking with them



scan and signature seem OTT




Go ahead and book with one of them, they%26#39;re both reputable agents.





Compare the price they offer with Asiarooms.com and even wotif.com to find the best deal. Look for b/f thrown in for free etc etc.





I%26#39;m with the Guru on this one, a voucher in hand is worth 2 in the bush.




thanks you fourb2 and golf guru i took your advice



and booked with asiarooms.com for the same price hope the rooms are still available have to wait 24 to 48 hrs thank you again for your sound advice




henno





Credit card fraud is more of a danger when you are on the ground. Last time we were in phuket I used my card 3 times and before we landed back in australia it had already been used in spain. Luckily my bank was on the ball and my account was stopped/reissued/reimbused quite quickly. Biggest thing be extra vigilent DONOT let it out of your sight. Australia is only now introducing chips on their credit cards I believe this helps. Needless to say I have had my card updated for this trip and plan to minimise its use





Hope you enjoy your trip





Donna




I agree with you Niko 100%.



Maz :-)




asiarooms.com just confirmed my rooms thanks again for all your help

No comments:

Post a Comment