Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chiang Mai, Pattay, Bangkok

I just arrived back to Egypt after 10 days trip to Thailand. Before traveling I didn鈥檛 make any reservations at hotels or tours or even domestic flights. I collected lot of information from the forums of Trip Advisor. I was planning to spend 3 nights at Chaing Mai, 4 nights at Pattays then 3 nights at Bangkok.





I landed to Suvarnabhumi- the new Bangkok International Airport 鈥?at 11:30 AM as per Thailand time, I filled the immigration card on the airplane before landing, on the hotel name field I wrote the name of Royal Princess 鈥?Chiang Mai, I was preparing the hotel name and address although I didn鈥檛 do any reservation, it was just to complete the card. The immigration officer checked the card and didn鈥檛 have any comment, it didn鈥檛 take more than 10 minutes from the moment I left the airplane till crossing the immigration.





I was not having any luggage to claim, my trailer bag was with me on the cabin so I went directly for the Money Exchange which was just out side after customs who didn鈥檛 check my bag and I changed 200 Euros to cover my initial expenses, then I purchased SIM card for my mobile (185 BAHT), after which I went to 4th level to Airasia airlines from which I purchased one way ticket to Chiang Mai (1900 BAHT), time was 12:15 hr and departure time was 13:00 hr, I succeeded to get the ticket because I didn鈥檛 have luggage and also there was no fluids at my bag otherwise I have to take the next flight which was at 16:00 hr.





Chiang Mai:



After landing to Chinag Mai airport I went directly to Airasia office and purchased my return ticket to Bangkok (2140 BAHT) then took a taxi to area near Night Bazaar (120 BAHT) and searched for suitable accommodation, I selected Rux-Thai Guest House (600BAHT/night), free Wi-Fi is available for 24 hours at the room, also save was available at the reception.





I spent balance of the day at a free tour at Night Bazaar, took dinner at a Chinese restaurant which have a very good Buffet for 115 BAHT, I used to take my dinner every day at that restaurant as there was a band and lady singer every night.





I checked with the local tour agents for the available tours and selected one day tour to the mountains (1000 BAHT including lunch which was very good, also hotel transfers).





The next day I went on a 陆 day tour with the same tour agent to Elephant show (450 BAHT), it is a must to see but if you need also elephant ride you may look at 1 day tour.





My flight to Bangkok was at 8:20 AM, so I took a taxi (60 BAHT) to Chiang Mai airport at 6:30 AM which was early, but I wanted to spend some time to see the airport and take breakfast there.





Pattaya:



Reached Suvarnabhumi at 9:30 AM, I took the Express shuttle bus (free) from level 5 to the public transport bus terminal from which I took air-conditioned bus to Pattaya (109 BAHT). From bus terminal at Pattaya I took sharing bus (20 BAHT) to walking street.



I searched for a suitable accommodation and found a room at Dianna Inn hotel (990 BAHT/night including breakfast) at the 2nd road near soi 12, again Wi-Fi service was available at the room for free, save also was available at the reception for free.





I booked a full day tour to the Coral Island from the tour agent of the hotel (1200 BAHT including lunch and hotel transfers). It was a nice day.





The 2nd day I booked ticket at Tiffany Show (600 BAHT), VIP seats are available at 800 BAHT but are not necessary, from the ordinary seat the show was very clear, but it can鈥檛 be compared at all with Foliberger show of Paris.





Bangkok:



From Pattaya I made reservation by telephone with Bell service for transportation to Bangkok (300 BAHT to Bangkok city) 鈥?also transport to Bangkok Airport is available at 150 BAHT. Bell service travel collected me from Diana Inn and dropped me at NaNa area as per my request.



NaNa is the name of a SKY station at Sukhumvit. I searched for a suitable accommodation, I found a room at New Rose Inn hotel (700 BAHT/night) which was not good at all, I don鈥檛 recommend it for any one even if it is free, but I stayed at it because it has free Wi-Fi free at the room and also save at the reception, but again I don鈥檛 recommend it at all, room was very small, you can touch the ceiling while standing by your hand, easy to hear noise from other rooms even the noise of TV played at the reception during night.





I called Tong at her mobile to ask for a tour with her to the Fishing Village but I didn鈥檛 get chance because she was fully booked during my 2 days of stay at Bangkok, so I could make another program for my self.





The first day I went on a river tour, I purchased tourist ticket for the bus river (120 BAHT) which is valid for a full day with unlimited number of stops. I went to visit the Grand Palace but it was closed that day for a ceremony by the Royal family, so I visited the temples surrounding it then went to China Town.





The second day I booked 1 day trip to Safari World from a local tour agent (850 BAHT including lunch, tickets and hotel transfers). It was a very nice day including tour in the car at an open zoo, Monkey show who were playing music and Thai Boxing, Lion Sea show, Dolphin show, elephant show, spy war show %26amp; Cow boy show.





Back to Egypt:



My flight was at 7:50 AM, so I took a Taxi Meter at 5:00 AM to the airport, it took 280 BAHT.





Summary advises:





1- No need at all for any prior hotel reservations even for the 1st night if you shall travel at low season. This shall give you the freedom to select hotel of your choice.



2- If you shall have any domestic flights, Airasia are good but you have to make reservation via Internet to get good prices.



3- You have to make prior reservation with Tong because she is always fully booked, as per previous reviews, this also was advised but I didn鈥檛 follow.



4- Be careful if you shall do shopping, most of the times you shall get any thing with only 25% claimed.





My personal conclusion:





I shall never think to go to Thailand again, it didn鈥檛 impress me, Thailand is suitable only for those who are looking for 6, shopping.





If you are interested in Nature and Sight seeing go to Malaysia, it is much better than Thailand.





For any enquiries any one is welcome to e-mail me at eldabi@hotmail.com with a Subject: Trip to Thailand





Regards,



Nabil Mohamed, Egypt-Cairo



Chiang Mai, Pattay, Bangkok


Thanks for this JBR of your holiday. Even if you did not really like Thailand, it was nice of you to take the time to let everyone know how you went and the experiences you had. This should help a lot of people on a budget...





Cheers





Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment