Sunday, March 28, 2010

Phuket tours

Can anyone recommend some day tours to do whilst in Phuket in September. We have seen Elephant treks advertised, is there a particular one we should choose to do? We are staying at Impiana Cabana in Patong for 4 nights before heading to the Phi Phi Island Village Resort for 8 nights.



Some recommendations and where to book tours from would be much appreciated.



Phuket tours


I recommend Mr Sam, he is a really nice guy. You can do his pre-made tour that includes elephant trekking at Kok Chang, seeing a Gibbon monkey, tours around the beaches in Phuket, go up to the beautiful view points, go to Chalong Temple. All that for 1600 BAHT per person including all entrance fees. You can also get him to give you a personalised tour wherever you want to go in his car.





you can catch him on:



Get to Know Sam more at http://samintouch.spaces.live.com



See Sam%26#39;s Schedule at http://calendar.yahoo.com/siam_intouch



Mobile Phone No: +66 84 630 9334 or +66 87 281 8868



Email: siam_intouch@yahoo.com





mhyalene



Phuket tours


I think it is 1600 baht for 2 not per person




It was 1600 per person for sure. well that%26#39;s what we paid.




That seems a lot if it is per person - though did it include the cost of the 1hr elephant trek.





Here is a list of some of the recommended drivers in Phuket.



cathyandgarystravelpages.com/hiring_a_driver鈥?/a>





Cathy




I would highly recommend the John Gray Hong By Starlight tour..




Well, my friend Mai charges 1,500 baht for a full day for a 12 seater van, so I think that 1,600 baht per person is exorbitant.





If you wish to contact him, his email is;



hknuch@hotmail.com




I did the tour with Mr. Sam last November..while I saw a fair bit, I don%26#39;t think I got the most out of my day.



For one person, its NOT worth the price!



These are the prices I was given back in Nov. And yes I did pay 1500B for myself :(





Total Price 1,500 Bath for 1 or 2 person / Car



Total Price 2,000 Bath for 3 - 4 person / Car



Total Price 2,500 Bath for 5 - 8 person / Van



Total Price 3,000 Bath for 9 - 12 person / Van



Children 4 - 12 years old will charge 100 baht each





Thats for the full day tour.



He raved about everyone else not getting back to their hotels until 6-7.30pm but I was back by 5pm.



He wasn%26#39;t 100% well, but I still didn%26#39;t think it was worth it.




We use Mr Mor on every trip... his car is newish and well maintained and he%26#39;s a careful and good driver. He charges 1600 b for a full day and will take you wherever you want or suggest an itinerary, to take in beaches, shopping, temples, Big Buddha, promthep at sunset, lunch on Rang Hill at Tungka cafe etc. Really nice guy - excellent English. He also doesn%26#39;t try to get you to go to jewellery shops etc so that he gets commission, which lots of taxi drivers will try.





You can contact him on pongkands@gmail.com





He%26#39;s also on Cathy%26#39;s travel pages. He%26#39;s extremely honest, reliable and good company, although quiet.




I would recommend the John Gray ';Hong by Starlight'; sea canoe tour. We had an amazing time in March.





After reading tripadvisor forums and other websites, we decided on this one.





I booked through his website- www.johngray-seacanoe.com




I have booked with Daj in May. He charges 1600 baht for a full day. He has been great communicating with me via email. Seems very accommodating, as I have told what I would like to see and has said he will make a day tour to meet my needs and also include some fun things for the kids. I got his details from Cathys website, which has been very informative. Hope all goes well, will let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment