Sunday, March 28, 2010

Siam ll or Lamphu house?

Hi, My husband and I are going to Bangkok in June with our 16yr old son. I%26#39;ve checked out both Siam ll and Lamphu House on the net but can%26#39;t decide which one would be better (mainly to keep the son happy) Any advice??



Siam ll or Lamphu house?


We liked Lamphu House --clean but but simple. I think New Siam II is relatively nearby-- and has good reviews too. Both options should be just fine!



Siam ll or Lamphu house?


Just want to clarify that we stayed at Lamphu House:



http://www.lamphuhouse.com/





We did not stay at the Lamphu Tree house- although it has pretty good reviews too:



http://www.lamphutreehotel.com/





I was not sure which one you were referring to.




Thanks Worldboot, Yes they are pretty close. I think we might go with the Siam II as they have a TV in the room to keep the boy happy, I think Lamphu House would have more character? Thanks for taking the time to reply, Cheers




I stayed at Siam 2 with my 13yo son and it was great. The banana pancakes for breakfast are to die for, it has the pool which my son loved, and like you said it also has a TV in the room. Great location too!




The pancakes made up my mind and I%26#39;ve booked at the Siam II. Only 8 weeks to go, getting excited. Thanks for the info. Cheers.




Just got back from New Siam 11 stayed here for 3 days at the beginning of our trip and 4 at the end.we had our 15/16yr old sons with us.



Great Milk Shakes %26amp; Banana Pancakes TV %26amp; pool,close to Ko San Rd but not on top of it.



My boys went a couple of times to and from different areas by Meter Taxi MBK %26amp; Panthip no problems and they got fed up @ the weekend market and found there way by Sky Train to MBK......Great Location Great Budget Hotel.




More info that makes me glad I picked the Siam II. Thanks Brats. Did you guys do anything your boys especially liked. My boy will most likely get sick of looking at temples etc?




My son loved Khao San Rd... the shopping was pretty fun during the night, although there were lots of crazy westerners around! Nothing bad though... he found it amusing..





He also loved shopping at MBK and on the 3rd floor is a shop called LOBO which has lots of great tshirts.. lots of skating brand stuff.. they will drop price if buying more than a few items.





My son liked the floating markets (the food vendors mainly in the boats). His favourite thing though was burning through the streets in the tuk tuks.. the boys love it! LOL





New Siam is great - very basic rooms but clean and adequate. You can also walk across the road to their new hotel Riverside for a buffet breakfast.. think it was 119 baht per person from memory...





For more ideas from my two trips (the older blogs are the ones with my son) have a look here : www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet





Reet x




Thanks Reet I%26#39;ll check out your travelblog.




I completely second reet,except my boys love electronics so twice for 5/6hrs they went there, all electronics,MBK 3rd floor simular.Also they loved the cinemas.



They went while my husband %26amp; I had Zoom Whitening @ Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment